Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Luke, Gabi & Anni to Pardubice

Karolina stopped by our place this morning to pick up Gabriella, Annika & Luke to take them with her to Pardubice for a few days.  Sebastian, Tobiah & I explored Rychnov nad Kněžnou a city about the same size as Middleton.


The day started out with fog so thick I was rather worried about driving on the narrow roads, but as soon as we got about 2 miles out of Zachlumi the sun was shining brightly.  

Church of the Holy Trinity



Yummmmmmmm...my favorite again.  Svickova, this time with an interesting side more like
Thanksgiving stuffing than a dumpling...it was still delicious though! 

Seb & Tobiah split chicken fried steak and french fries.

Pat & Mat is a Czech animated series that has been around since the 1970's.  My kids watch it a lot at home, so I had to take a picture of the boys with Pat & Mat when we saw them in the window.  Here's a link to one of their favorite episodes in case you want to "Czech" it out...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nebd9yoraac

with Pat and Mat


This picture is for Petr.  I don't think we've ever been to Rychnov together, have we???


We walked through the park and collected acorns & pinecones for
some crafts that we will be doing in the next few days.  The park
had this fun swing for the boys to play on while I did some collecting.



Put the boys to bed "on-time" tonight and watched the 2nd Presidential Debate.



Things I miss from home

shoulders on the sides of roads
$4.00/gallon gas - it's $8.00 here
sturdy full size sponges for cleaning
free refills on soft drinks
bright interior lights on dreary days









No comments:

Post a Comment